Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long have you been in business?
A: It's official- ZW USA is the oldest and largest independent supplier of commercial dog waste bags and stations in the USA!   Since 1989, customers have depended on us  for the highest quality products, at value prices. Same day shipping, always. We're now in our 27th year, so you can feel 100% confident when you choose Zero Waste USA® .
Q: How can I contact you?
A:  Mon-Fri: 9a - 7p ET, 6a - 4p PT
Q: Is it easy to start doing business with Zero Waste?
A: It's so easy! Place your order by phone, fax, email or online. If you're a municipality, property manager or business, you can select the BILL ME NET 30 option. We ship your order, send you the invoice, with our W9, and you remit payment in 30 days. No credit application, no account number, and no waiting required.
Q: Do your bags fit other dispensers?
A: We guarantee that our bags will fit. But, if for some reason they don't fit your dispensers, we'll gladly accept and pay for return OR we'll send you our dog waste bag dispensers for FREE! (we'll pay to bring your old dispensers back to us after you receive and install ours – we recycle the metal or plastic content).
Q: What types of bags and dispensers are available?
A:  There are 3 types of commercial dispensers: Roll Bag, SINGLpul® , and Tie-Handle Bag Dispensers. If your bags are on a continuous roll, which requires the user to pull out and tear off at a perforation, then you use the ROLL BAG style. If your bags are flat packed and hang from 2 rods or prongs inside the dispenser, then you have the choice of our SINGLpul® (mitt, header or ONEpul® ) style bags. If your bag has handles, then you use a Tie-Handle style bag and dispenser.
Q: Which bag style do you recommend to a new customer?
A: If you're starting a new dog waste program, we'd suggest our SINGLpul®
Bag system. Almost 85% of new customers choose this bag system, because it limits
inadvertent dispensing and vandalism, and the SINGLpul® Bag is larger, and more user-friendly, than a roll bag.
Q: Are all suppliers the same?
A: No. Here's what you need to look for when choosing a reliable supplier.
1) Company Warehouse: A supplier should have their own warehouse and shipping staff, NOT a 3rd party fulfillment center. Lookout for words like "our warehouse personnel" or "our shipping department", when the truth is those suppliers may use a fulfillment center that is miles, or states, away from a home laptop that constitutes the 'company' they pretend is bigger than it is. Some don't even list their physical address. Why? Because, they probably don't have one. If they list an address, "Google" it. If a UPS store, residential home or fulfillment center comes up, then the supplier doesn't have their own warehouse and staff, and they have no direct control over their inventory and your shipment. Professional Managers should only do business with suppliers that have direct control of their inventory.
Only companies with their own warehouse and own staff have full, complete control over inventory security, shipping accuracy, and on-time reliability. When our competitors say using 3rd party warehousing is OK, you should think TWICE – buying from them puts your job, and your residents, at risk.
2) Properly Stored and Rotated Bags: Our inventory is 100% date coded and 100% properly rotated. The bags you receive will always perform as specified.  Ask your supplier how old their bags are and if they are date stamped. If they don't put the date stamp code right on the box, buy from someone else. It matters. Why? Because, over time, some plastic bags that have been stored too long, or in damp, cold or hot, humid conditions, can stick together, making dispensing more difficult. That's why we properly store and rotate our inventory, to make sure that doesn't happen to our bags. And we're here in beautiful San Diego, California, where the perfect, dry weather creates the most ideal storage and logistics location, in the entire USA, for dog waste bags.
3) Years in THIS business: Many new suppliers will make statements like "we have years of business experience", when what they REALLY mean is that they have experience in a totally different business or industry that doesn't relate to dog waste or the property management or municipality markets. Please be wary of new suppliers that pretend to know this industry and pretend to know what you require from a supplier of dog waste solutions. Don't risk it.
4) Inventory Levels: Many new suppliers have bought a small, initial quantity of bags or stations and pretend to 'always be in stock'. Ask them how long ago they bought those bags, how many cases they have today and when their next delivery is arriving. Chances are they won't be in business when you need to re-order. Why take the risk?
At Zero Waste USA® , we tell you honestly and clearly. We've been in this business since 1989. We have a 38,744 square foot Zero Waste USA® warehouse, staffed by 15 full-time Zero Waste USA® employees, that contains, at any one time, more than 39,000 cases of roll bags, 22,900 cases of SINGLpul® Bags, 3,490 cases of liners 9,373 stations and 13,401 dispensers, along with matching quantities of signs, posts and accessories. That domestic supply is backed up with multi-container, weekly shipments arriving from our factories, containers en route, ongoing production and a steady supply of components and raw materials feeding into our production lines. That's why you can rely on ZERO WASTE USA® to always be in stock, ship the same day, and provide the ultimate in inventory security and bag inventory rotation.
Q: How many bags do your dispensers hold?
A: Our Roll Bag Dispenser allows 3 rolls at a time to dispense. That's 600 bags AND it holds 1 back up roll inside for a total of 800 bags!
Our trademarked SINGLpul® Dispenser holds and dispenses 800 bags. That's 50% more than most Roll Bag dispensers.
Our Tie-Handle Dispenser holds and  dispenses two jumbo rolls of 300 bags, for a total of 600 bags.
Q: How many bags do I need to start?
A: In a County or City Park setting, usage is 500-2000 bags per month per dispenser. In a Condo/Apartment or HOA setting, plan for 300-800 bags per month. Usage can vary widely, however. It's best to have enough supply on hand so that you don't run out and create user inconvenience, which encourages non-compliance.
The Zero Waste USA® warehouse is fully stocked and we ship every order the same day, so you never have to overstock your inventory.
Q: What's the main difference between THE SENTRY® STATION and The GLADIATOR® STATION?
A: THE SENTRY® STATION has a heavy duty, round, mesh can with a non-locking lid. THE SENTRY® STATION is best suited for areas that are not prone to vandalism or non-dog waste trash.
THE GLADIATOR® STATION has a square, locking can, with a sealed trash chute and extra strength construction. THE GLADIATOR® STATION is the finest, strongest, unit available today. View our complete dog waste stations.
All our Stations are made from commercial grade, heavy gauge, rustproof aluminum, with an electrostatically powder-coated, steel post.
Q: Do you offer custom signs, custom colors, custom logo on your products? A: Depending on the quantity, we can offer everything from a custom printed sign, to a full custom imprint bag and custom color stations. Call us to discuss your project, 800.789.2563.
Q: Is Installation of a Dog Waste Station easy?
A: Yes. We send complete instructions with each station. You can also download the instructions ahead of the arrival of your order and/or watch an Installation Video. Plus, you can always call us if you need any assistance. Allow 30-45 minutes for installation. No special skills or special tools required (2 adjustable pliers, shovel or post hole digger, a bag of ready-mix cement).
Q: How fast do you ship?
A: All orders received by 6 pm EST are shipped the SAME DAY.
Q: How fast will my order arrive?
A: Northeast/Mid Atlantic 4-5 days, Southeast/Mid West 3-4 days, Southwest, West, Northwest 1-3 days.
Q: Can I get an automatic shipment every month or on a schedule I request?
A: Yes. We can set you up to have the same order shipped on a regularly scheduled, automatic basis. Just call and let us know what you need and how often  and we'll do the rest.
Q: Do I have to buy through a distributor?
A: No, we sell direct to our customers. This allows you to SAVE money instead of paying a distributor mark-up on our products. We're the only full-line, own warehouse, dog waste products company that specializes in selling DIRECT to Professional Managers! You SAVE with Zero Waste USA® !
Q: Do I need to fill out a credit application?
A: If you are an established HOA, Municipality, City, Dog Park, Property Management Company, Vet Clinic, Hotel, Campground or Marina, a credit application is NOT necessary! You're automatically approved! We send you an invoice, due after satisfactory receipt of your order. Of course, if it's easier for you, we accept VISA, MC, American Express, Discover and PayPal.
Q: What size are your bags?
A: Our ROLL bags are 8" W x 13" L and fit any roll bag dispenser.  Our SINGLpul® Bags are 9" W x 14.5" L and fit mitt/header style dispensers. The TIE-HANDLE Bags are 7" W x 15" L. The roll size is 7" W x 5" D.
If our bags don't fit your dispenser, we'll accept return, or send you our dispenser for free.
Q: What are the case pack sizes?
A: Roll Bags come in a case of 2000 bags (10 boxes of 200 bags). SINGLpul® Bags (4 boxes of 800 flat packed bags). The Tie-Handle Bags come in a master case of 2400 bags (6 rolls of 400 bags).
Q: Can you ship anywhere?
A: We sell and ship to all 50 states and Canada. Contact us, if you would like to discuss an export order to anywhere in the world.
Q: Why are your bags and stations a much better value than competitors?
A: Three very simple reasons:
1) We sell direct, so there is no middleman mark-up.
2) Our profit margins are very low, so our prices can be low.
3) We are committed to helping communities and dog friendly locations establish a dog waste program.
If you have a question, please call, email or use the Contact Us form. Thank you.